Now that’s a question most parents ask me. It’s a fact that children don’t craaave vegetables and fruits. But there are ways where you can secretely put some in the food they are eating or in their drinks. BUT YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO WORK ON IT! how???
One trick that often works for both fruits and vegetables is to find foods that your kids already like to eat, like smoothies, muffins, yogurt, etc., and find recipes that allow you to add fruits or vegetables to them, like banana or zucchini muffins.
Other helpful tips might be to:
- let your kids pick the fruits they want to eat when you go shopping
- mix fruit pieces in with yogurt or serve them with a dip
- make fruit smoothies
- offer a fruit salad, with a mix of watermelon, grapes, strawberries, etc. as a dessert or snack
- make a snack mix with raisins, nuts and cereal
- add chopped fruit, especially berries and bananas, to your child’s cereal
- try dried fruits
- mix in some chopped fruit with jell-o
However, this is the part that I like is camouflaging the fruits or vegetables in the food they are eating.
like chopping up and mixing vegetables in with pasta sauces, lasagna, casseroles, soup, chili, omelets, etc. or adding veggie toppings to pizza.
Here are some ideas for healthy recipes for kids with more veggies and fruits: